Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beverage/Animal series

One of my favorite things to paint when I have free time are beverages with an accompanying animal.  It sounds a little weird but it started out because I love coffee and little small animals so I thought why not combine the two.  Now I've moved on to tea, and I'm trying to use animals that make sense to be combined with the drink.  For example this new one I did is for the South African Rooibos tea and the animal to go with it is a South African Tree Frog.  I also love including a border and background pattern with these, and again I tried to keep with the theme of the tea so the border is jungle-like and the pattern is supposed to be African inspired.

Tree Frog Rooibos (all are 11x14 using watercolors)

and my previous coffee ones
 Black Spider Espresso 
                                                                    Blue Bird Coffee
Goldfish Ice Coffee

I recently had these three hanging in a cafe' who's owner bought the Goldfish and Bird ones!  I think Coffee shop would be my favorite gallery space for hanging the paintings in this series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment