Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Holidays

A holiday card design I recently made that is another piece in my animals and beverages series.  A series that I am still strangely obsessed with making art for whenever I have the extra time.....I <3 Coffee & Tea!

Little Bunny Cocoa

I also wanted to show some of my process that goes into one of these designs
I draw the sketch out on tracing paper (easier to move around and work in layers)

next I figure out the pattern background (which might be my favorite part of these paintings) I sketch out by hand what I kinda want, then scan in the drawing and work out the rest of the design in Photoshop making sure everything is even and works as a pattern.

it took a bit on this one to get the right snowflakes and after playing in Photoshop for a while I settled on these,  I tried to keep the bunny theme in as much of the details....even if a bit subtly.

Then I lined em' all up, refined the pattern more and printed out the design.

I line the drawing and snowflake pattern up and begin the transfer process onto the final watercolor paper ready for painting

 For fun I also made a little mini gift tag with the bunny pattern

Happy Holidays Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment